Tearline provides open source intelligence to the public.
The National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) is partnering with expert non-profit groups to grow public-facing, authoritative open source intelligence on various strategic, economic, and humanitarian intelligence topics that tend to be under-reported within in-depth or long-form formats.
- Content is open and available to the general public
- Review all articles in chronological order or select a category of interest to view related articles
- Article Overview feature highlights the analytic overview, activity intro, looking ahead focus areas and things to watch for next
- Download the underlying structured data used in the articles, which are organized using simple color codes
- Read content in chronological order in the Timeline feature
- View infographics and visualizations summarizing the articles main content in the Graphs feature
- Satellite imagery analysis available in articles
Public App Stores
The Tearline app collects minimal and basic phone data such as approximate location, device ID, in-app searches, and crash reports. This basic information is used primarily to note high-level and aggregate trends within standard traffic and usage analytic platforms. NGA neither collects nor acquires any user names, passwords, login information, or personal information from Apple or Google.